Foot problems could indicate more serious problems in other parts of the body. Reflexologists suggest that general bodily health may find expression in the feet hence the claim that manipulating certain points of the feet improves the health of internal body organs. Look out for:
- Foot spasms and cramping could indicate dehydration and mineral deficiency.
- A swollen big toe could be as a result of gout.
- Cold feet indicate the problems of diabetes, anemia, poor circulation, and hypothyroidism.
- Yellowing toe nails are linked to tuberculosis, sinusitis, and jaundice.
- The sensation of needles and pins (tingling) can be a sign of peripheral nerve damage, diabetes, and multiple sclerosis.
Read the full story here
Image courtesy of satit srihin/www.FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Mike Dilkes MS FRCS(ORL-HNS), FRCSEd, FRCS
Mike Dilkes Health Hub @ Herne Hill is South London's private medical center. HealthHub has the resources required to run a full clinic service for the majority of medical specialities. From blood tests and prescriptions, to sports injuries and sports medicine.
Patients can book consultations, testing, procedures and surgery, including - Allergies, ENT, Male Health, Botox, Endoscopy, Laser Hair Removal, Minor Injury, Minor Operations, Vaccinations, Travel Vaccinations, Diet, Nutritional Therapy, Snoring and Sleep Apnea Monitoring, Emergency Care and other medical treatments.
Over 10 expert physicians are ready to meet with you, discuss your concerns, and provide the tests and treatments you need -- including: Medically qualified doctors and consultants in Ear Nose and Throat, Head and Neck, and Neurology; Clinical Psychology; Psychotherapy and Counseling; Sexual Psychology and Counseling; Integrative Counselling; Acupuncture; Clinical Sport and Remedial Massage Therapy; and Nutritionist.
Flexible appointments, so you'll quickly see a specialist, with minimal wait in the office.